PE and Sports Funding
The Government will continue to provide Sports funding to schools this academic yearto improve the provision of physical education nd sport in primary schools. This funding has now been confirmed to continue until 2020 and the amount received by schools has been doubled from September 2017. This funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, health and Culture, Media and Sport and is allocated to ALL Primary Schools. The money must be used to fund additiional and sustainable improvements to the provision of sport, to encourage the healthy, active lifestyles. To find out more about this funding please follow this link:
Our overall aimis to raise standards in PE and school sport, so that all children are physically literate. We want our children to have knowledge and skills necessary to enable them to be life long participants in physical activity, thus enabling them to lead healthy, active lives.
In order to achieve this we use the following improvement indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular activity- the chief Medical Officer guidelines recommned that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engagae in at least 60 minutes of physical activityaday, of which 30 minutes shouls be at school.
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff teaching sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all
- Increased participation in competitive sport
In 2020/21 we should receive £17820 sports grant